Submitted by John on 22 Oct 2020 - 3:14pm
NCS is keen to support youth groups and alternative education providers as they work with young people in the North East to recover from the challenging circumstances they’ve found themselves in over 2020. We are delighted to share the following session activities with you. These have been written and created with young people from harder to reach and vulnerable backgrounds in mind; which we hope will be of use to you and the young people you work with:
- Citizenship and British Values (Democratic Engagement)
- Employability (CV Workshop)
- Health and Wellbeing (Mindfulness & Stress)
- Post-COVID Socialisation (Loss and the New Normal)
- Skills for Independent Living (Organising Yourself/Organising your Future)
Each link contains:
- A teaching guidance document providing advice on which young people the support has been designed for, the objectives and outcomes of each activity, proposed extension tasks, useful links, and notes for each slide to provide staff with suggestions on delivery.
- A Powerpoint for staff delivery.
The sessions have been designed for Year 11 and 12 students (or equivalent), and to be delivered flexibly - each is split into 4 activities which can be run back-to-back or separately depending on your preference. Teaching staff are welcome to make any reasonable changes to the content in order for it to meet their students’ needs, although please note that you may have to make copies of the Powerpoints before you can edit them. If you do decide to use these resources we only ask that you let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so that we can track the reach of our support materials.
For more information contact:
Community Engagement Manager, North East