MVDA's role is to support, promote and develop local voluntary and community action in Middlesbrough, We do this by providing a wide range of support services and by representing the views of the sector to government and policymakers on a local and national level.
We deliver our work through a wide range of services, projects and programmes.
- Community engagement
A route by which local people can have a voice and influence over the initiation, design, development and evaluation of policies and services that have an impact on them.
- Development support
A range of services that support the development of community groups and voluntary organisations, including setting up an organisation, support around appropriate governance models, funding advice and support, development of policies and procedures, good practice in running and developing services.
- VCS representation, voice and influence
We represent VCS interests in working with a variety of stakeholders and facilitate networks and forums.
We host and are key partners in projects which support our communities and work in partnership - current work includes being a partner in You've Got This by Sports England, and hosting the We Care You Care signposting campaign for carers. We are a partner in the LocalMotion Middlesbrough, and the Changing Futures 3-year programmes.
We provide support to volunteer-involving organisations to support them in good practice, as well as providing a brokerage service for Middlesbrough people interested in volunteering through the Middlesbrough Volunteering Academy.
Keep up to date with our work
- Outlook - our fortnightly ebulletin covering news, training and events, jobs and resources for VCOs in Middlesbrough - sign up
- We Care You Care - information to support carers across the South Tees - sign up
- Find a Funder - fortnightly news on the latest funding available to VCOs - sign up
- Volunteering Academy opportunities - a regular round-up of local volunteer roles - email email@example.com to subscribe