MVDA was established in 2002 as the primary infrastructure organisation for Middlesbrough's voluntary and community sector (VCS).
Our role is to support, promote and develop local voluntary and community action and we do this by:
- Providing practical development support (including funding)
- Managing Middlesbrough Volunteer Centre
- Supporting the VCS to engage at a strategic level
- Enabling the sector to work together through meetings, forums, training and events
- Advocating for the VCS through membership of planning and partnership forums and liaison with public bodies
- Promoting good practice in meeting the needs of local people and communities
- Raising the profile of the local VCS through research and other short-term projects.
Membership of MVDA is open to voluntary and community organisations that have a presence in Middlesbrough. Find out more about membership.
What are local VCS Infrastructure organisations?
MVDA is a registered Disability Confident employer.
The Disability Confident campaign works with employers to remove barriers, increase understanding and ensure that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential.