Submitted by John on 13 Oct 2020 - 2:26pm
COVID Cash Recovery is a free online course delivered by Together Middlesbrough & Cleveland, offering to those working with people who may be suffering financial difficulty as a result of the pandemic. The course trains community leaders and organisations to provide information and resources to help their communities with the variety of money issues which have arisen due to COVID-19 and will run on a regular basis between now and January 2021.
The programme was developed in response to the financial problems caused by the COVID-19 outbreak which left households and communities not knowing who to turn to.
Many households across the UK have been thrown into financial chaos due to COVID-19. People are unsure of:
- What they’re entitled to
- Where to access support
- How to begin accessing help
- How to plan and cope financially during this period of uncertainty
Designed as an information and signposting intervention with Capital Mass, Transforming Communities Together and Just Finance Black Country, Covid Cash Course aims to prevent the financial challenges posed by the COVID-19 from causing crisis in local communities. The people leading the course are facilitators and not teachers or experts: everyone knows something, and no one knows everything. The course would be delivered using zoom and lasts about 2.5 hours.
It covers five key areas:
- Financial Worry (money and mental health, dealing with the uncertainty of this period)
- Financial Shock (changes to Universal Credit, help for the self-employed, furlough eligibility)
- Financial Help (support you may be entitled to, alternative forms of financial support)
- Financial Future (budgeting and planning during this period)
- Financial Deficit (if despite all the other sections, someone’s income is less than their outgoings)
Together Middlesbrough & Cleveland is offering the course in partnership with the Just Finance Foundation, and you can find more details here.
We have a few dates coming up:
- Thursday 15 October 12:30 - 2:30
- Tuesday 20 October 10:00 - 12:00
- Thursday 22 October 12:30 - 2:30
If anyone would like to join - please ask them to contact Billy Barnes in the first instance: phone 07591 438911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, Together Middlesbrough and Cleveland could offer a separate course for individual groups.