Responsible to: Project Lead
Accountable to: PCP Chief Executive & Board of Trustees
Located: Based at Pioneering Care Centre Newton Aycliffe, DL5 4SF with significant outreach work across County Durham
(Fixed term contract to 31st March 2021)
- To ensure small and medium employers in County Durham are supported to improve health in the workplace through health needs assessment, identification of health improvement priorities and development of health improvement plans and activities including training.
- To be responsible for developing strong partnerships to enable small, medium and large employers in County Durham to successfully engage with lifestyle and wellbeing services.
- To ensure small, medium and large employers in County Durham are offered support to successfully achieve the North East Better Health at Work Award (BHAWA) at all levels.
- To develop a sustainable model of health advocates and volunteers to support the further development of healthy workplaces across County Durham including facilitation into engagement with lifestyle improvement services.
- To assist with the overall development of the service including line management of staff, liaison with partners and supporting business in County Durham with workplace health needs.
- To assess support requirements for employers, ensuring that the right level of support is offered to all organisations and providing workshops, seminars and training according to need.
- To deliver regional Better Health at Work Award (BHAWA) within county Durham and progress existing workplaces registered on the award.
- Engage new businesses in workplace health programmes and the BHAWA.
- To deliver advisory service to employers including the use of survey tools to assess health related needs of staff.
- To co-ordinate the delivery of training to managers, human resource staff, occupational health staff and other identified workplace staff on health and work issues.
- To support policy/facilitate development and provide model policies on health related issues in the workplace providing workshops, seminars and training according to need.
- Support employers in workplace health activity on key public health improvement priorities through partnership working with services. Including facilitating engagement with wellbeing services including NHS health checks, stop smoking services, improving physical activity, sexual health services, alcohol & drug services and training, emotional & mental wellbeing, domestic & sexual violence services and others as appropriate.
- To co-ordinate training and awareness raising interventions to ensure workplaces are aware of healthy lifestyle advice services available to their workplace and area where their employees live.
- To co-ordinate delivery of package of mental health and wellbeing support to businesses engaged in workplace health award programmes.
- To work with partners to develop strong referral pathways and links with a range of services including Job Centre Plus, Public Health services, Making Every Contact Count, Health Champion Programme, Voluntary Groups, Housing Providers etc.
- To ensure that the service meets quality indicators and is delivered in line with Regional Better Health at Work standards.
- To manage the development and updating of the County Durham Better Health at work award website.
- To be responsible for data management including maintaining a monitoring system that captures and reports workplace health progress.
- To co-ordinate networking and celebration events as required.
- To ensure the department operates effectively and efficiently.
- To conduct personal, venue and activity risk assessments as required.
- To collate and present verbal and written reports when required both internally and externally.
- To contribute to the development of systems and procedures, and the whole team approach in meeting quality and performance targets.
- To assist with the evaluation of services and sessions as appropriate.
- To assist with marketing and promotion activities, including supporting events and publicity campaigns.
- To carry out the management role within the performance guidelines set out in the organisations management objectives.
- To operate within the policies & procedures of PCP.
- To carry out all responsibilities with due regard to the organisation’s Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding Policy.
- To undertake any training and development deemed appropriate.
- To monitor & maintain Health & Safety and security within the workplace.
- To undertake any other such duties which are deemed appropriate by your Line Manager.
The closing date for this job is 27 January 2020 - 12:00pm.