What’s the role all about?
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time Nightstop Coordinator to join the team, based at either Whitley Bay or Middlesbrough. The role is working 15 hours per week on a Monday and Tuesday on a fixed term contract until January 2021.
The Nightstop Coordinator role is a busy and varied role that involves recruiting, training and managing volunteers, promoting the service to key stakeholders, and supporting young people and vulnerable adults directly.
It will include being part of a team delivering an assessment and support service that enables vulnerable and homeless people to access emergency accommodation in the homes of trained and approved volunteers.
Who are we?
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness.
We provide services that:
- Prevent homelessness
- Increase the resilience of those we work with
- Energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering
- We're dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community
What makes this role exciting?
- A full induction to Depaul UK and training for the role, with ongoing opportunities for professional development.
- Training in the Depaul Endeavour model
- Continuous support and supervision, including reflective practice to develop your learning and skills as a practitioner
What will ideally support your success in this role?
- Experience of working with homeless and vulnerable people in crisis
- Experience of supervising or supporting volunteers or staff
- Experience of writing, implementing and evaluating Risk Assessments and Support Plans
- Understanding of current legislation that impacts on guests’ access to suitable long term accommodation, including entitlement to welfare provision
- Experience of working under pressure with the ability to respond to conflicting demands
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
You'll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
How to apply: Please apply through our website by Monday 2nd November 12:00pm and download 'Guidance on Application' for support in filling your application.
The closing date for this job is 2 November 2020 - 12:00pm.