This post is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund through the Coronavirus Community Support Fund
We are Streets Ahead for Information a local charity, based in Gresham, a working-class area that suffers from high levels of unemployment, poor health and low educational attainment. We work to provide support in education and employment, prevent crime and antisocial behaviour, highlight environmental issues and develop community activities. Streets Ahead is a charity at the heart of the local community and we work hard to improve the lives of our local residents
This project will offer support, activities and volunteering opportunities for people in Gresham to bring the community together, reduce isolation and improve the local environment. A one stop shop will provide help with education, employment, crime prevention and environmental protection, a job and computer club, and access to local service providers. The group serves a diverse community including refugees and asylum seekers and will offer specific support for new arrivals to the area.
Life and Living in Gresham Tutor
16 Hours per week contract ends 31 March 2021
- Further develop and deliver L&L programme
- Ensure maximum access for client group regardless of race, gender, culture, disability, religion or other status
- Development of learning programme and support materials
- Identify and develop links to partner organisations to support in the delivery of the programme
- Plan activities
- Market/recruit to programme
- Keep all project paperwork up to date and accurate.
- Provide the Operations Manager with feedback on programme progress and areas of concern regarding delivery on a monthly basis
- Contribute to the quarterly project report to be placed before the Board of Trustees.
- Liaise with Operations Manager on delivery and development of programme
- Monitor and track students’ progress
- Support the Operations Manager in the planning and delivery of the annual celebration event.
- Arrange annual events to celebrate success.
- Adhere to operational procedures, riles, guidelines and policies of the project
Skills/experience required - (E= essential, D = desirable)
- Experience of working across communities and cultures in an inner city area E
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering relevant activities, materials and programmes in local communities E
- Experience of helping in the planning and delivery of multi cultural celebration events. E
- Knowledge of local issues in the Gresham area E
- Multiple links with relevant partner organisations related to recent successful programme delivery E
- Knowledge and experience of software packages such as Office E
- Experience of tracking and assessing student progress E
- Experience of marketing to local communities D
- Experience of managing project and student records and data according to GDPR rules E
- Experience of working in a busy local office and ability to liaise with senior staff in the organisation to report progress and issues D
- Ability to adhere to operational procedures rules guidelines and policies E
Closing date 7th October 2020
Please ensure your CV or covering letter outline the skills you have which are relevant to this post.
Submit CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or at Streets Ahead for Information, 109 – 111 Parliament Road, Middlesbrough TS1 4JE
The closing date for this job is 7 September 2020 - 6:30pm.