Barnardo's National Counter Trafficking Service has four services in various areas across England and Wales. This includes the Independent Child Trafficking Guardianship Service (ICTG Service). The ICTG Service is growing in 2021/2022 and we are pleased to announce some exciting roles to join a passionate and experienced national team.
Independent Child Trafficking Guardians work in the best interests of children to be an independent source of advice for children who have been trafficked, to speak up on their behalf and help them orientate around social welfare, immigration and criminal justice systems.
Location of Post: Home Based with extensive travel around the regions as stated above. We are looking for candidates that live within 30 mins drive of the posts available.
Independent Child Trafficking Guardians work to...
- Support children through direct work; enabling them to navigate complex systems, such as social care, immigration and criminal justice as well as health and education
- Support professionals in identification and appropriate safeguarding of children and young people who have experienced exploitation including knowledge around the NRM.
- Act as an independent advocate working at all times in the child's best interest and promoting their well-being.
- Build relationships of trust with children and support them and the professionals working with them to keep them safe and reduce the risk of missing and re-trafficking.
- Ensure that every child in the service has been referred into the National Referral Mechanism.
- Assist (where appropriate) in enabling the child to obtain legal or other advice, assistance and representation, including (where necessary) by appointing and instructing legal representatives to act on the child's behalf.
- Enable children to safely access education, training and growth opportunities.
- Support children to engage in therapeutic direct work sessions to promote their recovery and social and emotional literacy.
The closing date for this job is 23 January 2022 - 9:15am.