1. To support Stockton-on-Tees communities to access the right support at the right time and have their voices heard to ensure that health and care services meet their needs.
2. To develop good working relationships with community groups, services, and professionals to ensure robust referral routes and strengthen collaborative working.
3. Develop and support individuals who would like to become Healthwatch Champions, to help us gather feedback from friends, families, services users and groups to help to make a real difference in improving health and wellbeing.
4. To listen to the community to ensure that the information and support we provide is person centred, up to date and inclusive.
5. To become an active part of the community ensuring a timetable of drop ins at community venues to enable people to access us with ease.
6. To support people to reduce isolation and build confidence, encouraging health and wellbeing.
7. To build relationships with GP’s, Primary Care Networks, and other health professionals to raise awareness of the services and enhance our delivery outcomes.
8. To effectively gather individual and community information to provide valuable feedback for reporting purposes.
9. To promote the services to a wide range of agencies and groups.
10.To work closely with the Healthwatch and Community Connect Coordinators to ensure efficient delivery of services and intelligence gathering.
1. To develop and facilitate drop-in sessions, to raise awareness of local services, assist in intelligence gathering and promote social inclusion.
2. To support the projects delivered by PCP in Stockton-on-Tees to operate effectively and efficiently.
3. To ensure information about local services, referral options and sources of support is relevant to the community and up to date.
4. To provide support to people who would like to be Healthwatch Champions, ensuring an effective use of time and breadth of intelligence gathered.
5. To build on the public’s desire for improved mental health, reduced isolation, and a healthier future by ensuring that people can access the right support at the right time and are signposted appropriately to services that help to make healthier choices about diet, physical activity and lifestyle.
6. To work with harder to reach groups to promote guidance and support to make positive changes to improve health and wellbeing.
7. To refer complex cases to GPs or appropriate services for re-assessment.
8. To provide appropriate feedback to referrers.
9. To ensure diary is managed effectively through prioritisation, organisation and planning.
10. Work with partners and existing groups to develop the referral pathways for support, particularly disadvantaged groups, and areas.
11. To work with the Covid Marshalls to ensure correct messages are promoted throughout the area and signposted accordingly.
12. To be able to adapt to changing situations, such as the need to work digitally/remotely with partners and the community if required and support the development of online workshops that improve health, wellbeing and social inclusion.
13. To continue with the development of information gathering mechanisms that encourage public involvement and increase feedback and referrals.
14. To ensure personal, venue and activity risk assessments are updated and followed as required.
15. To be responsible for data management of clients including inputting information onto databases and supporting with developing informative reports.
16. To collate and present verbal and written updates when required.
17. To contribute to the development of systems and procedures, and the whole team approach in meeting quality and performance targets.
18. To assist with the evaluation of services and sessions as appropriate.
19. To assist with marketing and promotion activities, including supporting events and publicity campaigns.
20. To work flexibly as part of the Project team and to provide cover for colleagues as required maintaining appropriate staffing levels within projects.
21. To operate within the policies & procedures of PCP.
22. To carry out all responsibilities with due regard to the organisation’s Equality and Diversity Policy
23. To undertake any training and development deemed appropriate.
24. To monitor & maintain Health & Safety and security within the workplace
25. To undertake any other such duties which are deemed appropriate by your Line Manager.
The closing date for this job is 6 December 2021 - 12:00am.