Hours: 30 hours per
Salary: SCP 22 £21,074 (Pro Rata)
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term
Location: 123 Borough Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 3AN
This post is open to Women only: Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1) applies to this post.
Based in central Middlesbrough, My Sisters Place provides specialist services. We are seeking a Domestic Abuse Support Worker to join this dynamic team. Our holistic approach requires high performing individuals with excellent people skills, and a resilient personality to deal with some difficult issues with a strong client focus. Clear adherence to confidentiality and Safeguarding is essential. This is a busy ‘response’ service dependent upon good teamwork and strong multi-agency working offering a challenging and rewarding role if you want to ‘make a difference’ and are committed to our charitable aims.
All employees are subject to enhanced DBS checks prior to commencement of the post
Application form available on My Sisters Place Website.
Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com
Closing Date: 12th August 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Week commencing 16th August 2021
Interviews: 1st Week of September 2021
If you would like an informal conversation about the role please contact Lesley Storey lesley.storey@mysistersplace to arrange a call
We value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We do not accept CV’s or applications from recruitment agencies.
Purpose of the role:
To support all aspects of service delivery to achieve our aims of the provision, protection and prevention of domestic violence.
- To provide advocacy, support and advice to service users on safety and practical issues which may include but is not exclusive to, Housing and Tenancy issues, Debt Management, Welfare Rights, Immigration, Legal Protection and access to Employment and Education.
- To manage a case load that meets the needs of various projects within the service.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement support and risk management plans to ensure outcomes are achieved safely and in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Ensure adherence to the safeguarding of children and adults.
- Work with the team to provide an instant access service through our duty system.
- Complete all relevant records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To attend multi agency meetings on behalf of clients representing their needs and highlighting any concerns.
- Maintain accurate and confidential case management records and databases and contribute to monitoring information for the service.
- Discuss and identify with clients, their hopes and needs; creating an agreed action plan for positive change.
- Identify services, agencies and professionals that will assist the client to achieve the set goals agreed in the action plan, e.g. work, education and training organisations, housing bodies, support groups, therapists, etc.
- Support and assist clients to access the agreed services, agencies and professionals, including accompanying them to appointments as necessary.
- To have an awareness of both local and national government legislation and how it impacts on the work of the project and the communities in which the project works.
- Maintain up to date knowledge necessary to the service by actively seeking out and attending training relevant to the post.
- Attend managerial supervision and participate in annual appraisal of performance by the manager.
This is not an exhaustive list; the duties and responsibilities will change as the role is developed. You will be actively encouraged to bring your suggestions on good practice to the attention of your line manager.
The post holder will be expected to adhere to MSP policies and procedures and to work within our Women’s Aid accreditation frameworks.
* Please refer to website for full Recruitment Pack and Person Specification.
The closing date for this job is 12 August 2021 - 12:00pm.