Reporting To: Counselling and Therapeutic Services Manager/Clinical Lead
Holidays: 26 Days (pro rata)
Contract: Fixed Term 3 Years
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join My Sisters Place ME TIME – Children and Young Persons Therapy Service and we are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated therapist to supporting children and young people impacted by domestic abuse.
The post-holder will work within the Counselling and Therapeutic Services Team providing individual trauma informed one to one therapy and therapeutic group work within our ‘ME TIME’ CYP Service.
Applicants will work within MSP’s Trauma Informed TIME Model to facilitate effective delivery of therapeutic provision to children and young people between the ages of 4 to 16yrs.
Applicants will be fully qualified to provide counselling/psychotherapy to children and young people, be a registered member of a governing body and have access to your own vehicle for travel.
This position may require flexible working hours to meet the demands of the service and applicants must be available to work across multiple sites and support administration and organisational elements of delivery.
R= Required D= Desirable
- Holds a Diploma in Child Psychotherapeutic Counselling/Psychotherapy (Postgraduate Level 6 or above) R
- Holds a recognised membership of a relevant professional body( UKCP/BACP/BPS) R
- Is an Accredited Practitioner with UKCP/BACP/BPS or working towards accreditation D
- Qualification in supervision D
- Post qualified experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children, young people, within their families, schools, the third sector, social care and other agencies that children are involved in R
- A clear understanding of child protection policy and procedures and commitment to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults R
- Demonstrates knowledge of the environments that children have therapeutic intervention (schools, third sector etc) R
- Demonstrates understanding of a range of therapeutic models R
- Has a minimum of 2 hours supervision per month – provided within post R
- Demonstrates understanding of working with children and young people who require or would benefit from emotional/trauma related psychotherapeutic counselling support R
- Demonstrates a clear vision of what My Sisters Place requires of its counsellors and models behaviours aligned to My Sisters Place and UKCP/BACP/BPS frameworks R
- Willingness to undertake group work with children and young people D
- Willingness to undertake work with parents, carers and staff involved with the child or young person R
- Experience to undertake clinical assessments and hold a clinical caseload R
- Ability to identify and implement appropriate clinical interventions R
- Manage and account for overall clinical caseload R
- Takes an active approach to self-development and shows a commitment to continuous professional learning R
- Maintain appropriate counselling records and monitor and report progress where necessary, demonstrating appropriate respect for client confidentiality and the consent of the client R
- To be able to write reports for other agencies demonstrating appropriate respect for client confidentiality and the consent of the client R
- Is pro-active in reporting safeguarding issues and concerns with regards to children and vulnerable adults, to the organisation and line management, in accordance with My Sisters Place policy R
- Continues to keep up to date with safeguarding policy and developments R
Management and Supervision
- Ability to provide supervision to Volunteer Child Counsellors and clinical placements to ensure their integration into My Sisters Place and clinical work meets the required standards D
- Develop an understanding of how to manage an effective Child Therapy project in My Sisters Place R
- Seeks to continually improve quality of service provision in all areas of the ME TIME service R
- Is able to motivate and support the development of others through coaching. Shows enthusiasm and resilience in finding solutions to challenging situations D
- To ensure the waiting list and appointment system works effectively for the child counsellors and clients R
Relationships (Internal and External)
- Builds relationships through effective communication with all members of staff in My Sisters Place R
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the needs of service users and how My Sisters Place services can support these needs and resolves problems as they arise D
- Show a passion for working with children and young people and values and understands how this underpins the work as a Child Psychotherapeutic Counsellor in My Sisters Place R
- Establishes and sustains positive multi-disciplinary working relationships and understands the importance of equality, diversity and inclusivity R
- To participate in worker meetings, management meetings and service planning discussions R
- To have an understanding of other referral pathways for children young people and families requiring other services, including statutory and voluntary agencies R
Please follow link to our website to complete application form and send to email@example.com
The closing date for this job is 4 February 2022 - 5:00pm.