1 x Permanent Contract
1 x Fixed Term Contract (12 Months)
Can you please stipulate upon application which post is preferred
To support all aspects of service delivery to achieve our aims of the provision, protection and prevention of domestic violence: -
- To provide advocacy, support and advice to service users on safety and practical issues which may include but is not exclusive to, Housing and Tenancy issues, Debt Management, Welfare Rights, Immigration, Legal Protection and access to Employment and Education.
- To manage a case load that meets the needs of various projects within the service.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement support and risk management plans to ensure outcomes are achieved safely and in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Ensure adherence to the safeguarding of children and adults.
- Work with the team to provide an instant access service through our duty system.
- Complete all relevant records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To attend multi agency meetings on behalf of clients representing their needs and highlighting any concerns.
- Maintain accurate and confidential case management records and databases and contribute to monitoring information for the service.
- Discuss and identify with clients, their hopes and needs; creating an agreed action plan for positive change.
- Identify services, agencies and professionals that will assist the client to achieve the set goals agreed in the action plan, e.g. work, education and training organisations, housing bodies, support groups, therapists, etc.
- Support and assist clients to access the agreed services, agencies and professionals, including accompanying them to appointments as necessary.
- To have an awareness of both local and national government legislation and how it impacts on the work of the project and the communities in which the project works.
- Maintain up to date knowledge necessary to the service by actively seeking out and attending training relevant to the post.
- Attend managerial supervision and participate in annual appraisal of performance by the manager.
The post holder will be expected to adhere to MSP policies and procedures and to work within our Women’s Aid accreditation frameworks.
To find out more about these roles and to apply please visit: https://www.mysistersplace.org.uk/work-for-us/
The closing date for this job is 26 March 2020 - 5:30pm.