Friends and families of prisoners in north east prisons are invited to join upcoming support and service user group meetings, organised by Nepacs, taking place in prisons in the north east.
There will be one session per prison taking place either in the visitors centres or via Zoom - lasting 1 hour in total.
The aim of the groups is to give anyone with a loved one in a north east prison a 'voice'.
Anyone who attends will have the chance to:
- Share your experience of visiting prison, video calls or other support received
- Talk about the issues you face when your loved one is in prison
- Receive or give support to others
- Raise any concerns
- Offer suggestions on how the prison or Nepacs can improve support for families or friends
Details of the meetings are:
- Holme House – 5 November and 16 December 2021, 10am
- Deerbolt – TBC
- Northumberland – 12 November 2021 - 1pm
- Kirklevington – TBC
- Durham – 23 September, 25 November 2021 - 10am
- Frankland - TBC
- Low Newton - 23 September, 9 December 2021 and 10 March 2022 - 2pm to 3pm
Come along to one of our Nepacs' Visitors’ Voice group meetings and speak to others in a similar situation to you.