Are you interested in reducing reoffending?
Are you working with children and families in the community?
Does your work include improving outcomes for children or families?
Hidden Sentence training is for any employees or volunteers whose work brings them into contact with families of prisoners, including health professionals, probation/CRC staff, school staff, child care providers, social workers, youth workers, play workers, local authority staff or community/voluntary workers.
This training course delivered over 2 sessions (designed by Action for Prisoners and Offenders Families) will give you a clear overview of the offender's journey, its impact on the family from arrest to release, and a range of strategies and resources to help you support them in your work.
- Tue, 8 Mar 2022 9:30am – 12pm
- Tue, 15 Mar 2022 9:30am – 12pm GMT
- Understand the impact of imprisonment on prisoners' families
- Improve understanding of the current criminal justice system and the offenders’ journey
- Understand the support needs of prisoners' families
- Understand the needs and wishes of prisoners' families
- Understand how to improve the coordination of services to provide more effective support for those affected by the imprisonment of a family member
- Understand how to improve own practice in supporting prisoners' families.