To register and promote your volunteering roles:
Any organisation that involves volunteers can register with us. Once you've registered, you will receive on-going support to assist in the recruitment of volunteers. We advertise your volunteer roles, act as an initial point of contact for interested people and put prospective volunteers in touch with you.
We can also provide you with information about good practice in working with volunteers. If you need help with documentation (such as volunteer handbooks) or have any questions about the management of volunteers, we are on hand to give advice or refer you to appropriate sources of information.
How we advertise and promote your volunteer roles:
- through Volunteer Connect, our on-line volunteering system.
- through one to one appointments with our placement advisors.
Minimum quality standards
In brief, to be eligible to register, your organisation will have to ensure that the volunteer will be
- welcomed whatever their background
- safe and properly insured
- adequately trained, supported and supervised
- not used to replace paid staff
- reimbursed for out of pocket expenses e.g. travel (unless your organisation is a community group without paid staff or budget for expenses)
Volunteer Connect enables you to:
- update your details
- advertise your roles
- manage and track volunteers who’ve registered interest in your roles
- view their profile before inviting them to apply
- choose how you want prospective volunteers to contact you
- search our volunteer bank to find suitable volunteers
- keep track of all your roles, past and present
To register and promote your volunteering roles: Organisation Login/Register