Introducing Beacon: a new programme for Chairs leading smaller charities
The Beacon Programme is the Association of Chairs’ National Lottery-funded programme for Chairs and Vice Chairs of smaller charities (with an annual income of under £1 million) across England.
Developed with Chairs of smaller charities, this programme is uniquely placed to support Chairs to do their role effectively. By joining the programme, Chairs and Vice Chairs will have the opportunity to:
- Meet, learn and exchange ideas with other Chairs who face similar challenges
- Know where to get support to be effective in their role
- Hear the views of other Chairs of smaller charities and sector experts on topics that concern them
- Access a wide range of FREE practical written resources to meet their needs
You can join the programme by completing the registration form. Once registered, you will be able to book onto the first of a series of half-day workshops taking place in Middlesbrough on the 16th of October (details below).
Don’t miss our first workshop - Being an Effective Chair
This workshop aims to provide you with practical guidance and tools to help you be more effective in your role. The workshop has been developed with the complexities of chairing a smaller organisation (with an annual income of under 1 million) in mind; such as operating with limited resources and individuals often having both operational and governance roles. You will have the opportunity to share learning with Chairs of other smaller organisations.
Feedback from participant: ‘Thanks for a great session that has enabled me to reflect and learn from other more experienced Chairs’ - Nadia Rich, Chair, Clown Funeral Theatre Company
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Be clear about your role and legal responsibilities
- Understand what can help you be effective
- Have practical tools to help you run effective meetings
- Have gained insight and top tips from other Chairs of smaller organisations
Join the Beacon Programme here.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org