Talent Match Middlesbrough (TMM) is a Fulfilling Lives, Big Lottery funded programme. The aim is to remove barriers for young people, 18-24 years, into employment, who have been not in education, employment or training (NEET) for 12 months or more.
MVDA delivers the involvement element of this programme by managing and facilitating the TMM Young People’s Panel (YPP) who act as the fundamental driving force, directing the development of TMM. Members of the panel must live in Middlesbrough and have their own experience of unemployment or are aware of the impact this can have on families and individuals.
Since the panel began in April 2014, we have supported 92 members to have a voice of which 20+ members are still regularly active and in total members have contributed 4909 hours of their own time to support the direction and development of the programme. The work of the YPP has included:
- Design and production of the TMM logo.
- Evaluation training to gather feedback from other young people to ensure the approach is meeting their needs.
- Designed and led three commissioning processes and awarded funding to a number of different organisations to provide a variety of support services.
- Marketing of TMM and produced two promotional films to inform young people about the programme.
- Received a South Tees VCS award - Effective Campaign for their work around influencing change.
- Recruited TMM staff.
- Organised and facilitated events.
- Contributed to and attended local and national events.
- Influenced local and national service delivery.
- Lead on the legacy and sustainability of TMM.
We provide training and support, both individually and collectively, to ensure that members are able to make a positive contribution within the programme.