Here are some of the key learning messages from Talent Match Middlesbrough (TMM).
Talent Match Middlesbrough Young People’s Panel
- Having a voice and influencing Middlesbrough is the most important aspect of the panel.
- Young people value bringing people together from similar situations in a none judgemental way.
- Young people need information to be involved in making informed decisions and value being involved in consultation processes to influence matters that concern them.
- Leading on commissioning has empowered the panel to influence young people’s services. Work trials have been most useful.
- Young people should be involved in recruiting as they are best placed to judge if a person can relate to them and the issues they face.
Information shared at the TMM Legacy Event 13 November 2018