The regional funding officer for BBC Children in Need, Chris Turner is coming to Middlesbrough to help local groups to understand the funding programme an how to successfully apply for funding.
If you work or want to work with children and young people, come and hear exactly what BBC Children in Need will fund and how best to apply (book your place below).
The event will take place on Friday 7 September at St Marys Centre, 82-90 Corporation Road, TS1 2RW. The session will begin at 9:30am with refreshments and registration. Chris will speak about the Children in Need programmes and then be available for half-hour conversations with groups to help them decide if this will be the right funder for them – and how best to frame an application.
BBC Children in Need give grants for children and young people of 18 years and under experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation
Funded projects make differences in children’s lives that help prevent or overcome the effects of the disadvantages they face. Projects achieve these differences by either working directly with children or seeking to improve their social and physical environments.
Our grant programmes
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit organisations that work with disadvantaged children and young people of 18 years and under who live in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands
How to apply
- Plan your project carefully. You may find our guide to Planning Your Project useful before you complete your application. Poor planning is a common reason why applications are not successful.
- Read our A to Z Guidance and FAQs to help you make sure you only apply for things that we can fund.
- Read our minimum standards for grantmaking to help you assess whether organisations are eligible. Please read these. If you do not meet these we will be unable to progress your application.
- Use our online application system to complete an application.
If you would like to cancel, please contact us before 31 August 2018 - 4:00pm.